I really wanted to write a post titled 10 Things I Hate Every Single Day.
But November is Thankfulness Month, or the Month of Living Thankfully or Make Us all Sick with Gratitude Month, so it seems wrong for me to go on about what I hate.
Life is kicking my ass today for one simple reason. I have a headache. It started four days ago.
Okay, there’s another reason. I may have overextended myself. I have more to do than I can possibly handle with a headache. I refuse to let myself off the hook for any of it.
I’ll figure out a way to get it all done. I always do.
So even though I want to complain and tell you all the things that suck in my world at the moment, I won’t.
I will force myself to be thankful. I think you should too.
- I’m thankful for these three girls.
- I’m thankful for new opportunities.
- I’m thankful for spell check.
- And painkillers.
- I’m thankful for new friends.
- I’m thankful that this pain isn’t going to kill me, even if it feels like it might.
- I’m thankful that we have power and heat on this cold New England night.
I’m supposed to feel better now, right? I’m not quite there yet.
- I’m thankful that there are still good people in the world.
- And that those people are drawing on their painful life experiences to help others. You girls know who you are.
- I’m thankful for hot baths.
- Coffee, a full pot.
- And kittens in cradles.
I feel better now.
What are you thankful for today?