This post is part of a Thursday link-up called Why I Love My Husband – The Never Ending List.
I’m supposed to add to my list each week to help me deeply appreciate the man that I married.
I’m hoping it will make up for any of the bad things I may have casually let slip this week.
First, you need to know a little bit about Dave. He grew up in NYC and attended the United Nations International School. He played hockey and went to computer camp.
He spent a year at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan, but graduated from a different college with a degree in Math and Computer Science.
He wrote a thesis about Fractal Geometry which, after 15 years of in depth explanation, I still don’t understand.
We live in suburban Connecticut, almost rural. He commutes to Manhattan daily to to do important stuff. On the weekends, in addition to spending time with me and the girls, he cuts up fallen trees in our yard (because they just keep landing there).
- He’s great with a chainsaw.
- And happily poses like a psycho for my amusement.
- He’s plays the guitar,
- And rides a motorcycle.
- He stays up late playing video games with the Princess.
- He’s an amazing photographer,
- And a computer geek (in a really good way).
Are you getting a clear picture?
I obviously married a Renaissance man. He’s brilliant. And sometimes I want him flogged. But that’s a story for the Never Ending List of Why My Husband Needs a Smack in the Head blog hop.
I would never write that one.
He has his downfalls. He’s a Jet’s fan, for one thing. And a smart ass 24/7. I think I kind of like it, but don’t tell him.
The thing is, when you get married, you never know what you’re getting. You have no way to know if this guy will be an amazing dad. He is.
You have no idea if he’s going to act like a 14 year-old when he’s 40. He does.
And maybe you don’t understand that it’s these very qualities that drive you to the edge of insanity that make him a fun to be around.
On with my list:
8. He’s easy going.
9. He has great hair. I know it sounds shallow. It is. His best man (from our wedding) recently threatened to scalp him in his sleep.
10. He makes me laugh, all the time and at just about everything.
11. He doesn’t get mad when I laugh at him and not with him.
12. If I’m having a bad day, he brings me Bazooka bubble gum. Or my favorite bath salts. Or dinner.
13. He can figure out a problem hidden deep in the mysterious code of my blog and fix it in 5 minutes flat.
14. He doesn’t get man colds.
15. He’s incredibly patient. In a house full of girls, he needs to be.
This conversation sums it up:
The Princess: Why do you kiss Dad?
Me: Because he’s my husband. And I kind of like him sometimes.
The Princess: Even though he’s naughty?
Me: Yeah, even though he’s naughty.