As the school year winds down, our schedule is lightening. I’m so grateful. Our week was slightly less chaotic than usual. Only slightly.
The chaos in my head this week was full on. I stuffed my mind with new information, scheduled new projects and made plans. And then I panicked when I realized that these projects and plans would be nearly impossible to complete without making significant changes to the way we function around here.
Now it’s Sunday afternoon and I’m stuck. But I’ll figure it out. Eventually.
Enough about me.
Here’s a quick look at what the girls were up to this week:
- They dressed up for acting class, to get deep into character. Above, the Butterfly is dressed as Bloom from the TV show The Winx Club.
- They finally got back in the saddle after a long winter break. Nothing makes us all smile like a day at the barn.
- The Princess isn’t interested in riding right now, so she spent her time at the barn roaming around visiting the pig, a baby bunny and a small herd of alpacas that live there.
- There were mini-volcanoes in the kitchen…
- …Black Beauty on CD in the car.
- And documentaries about Stonehenge that caused the Adventurer to say this:
I now know more about Stonehenge than I thought there was to know.
Did you look closely at that pig? Her name is Porkchop. My girls actually think she’s cute. Am I missing something?
Looking for something amazing, funny or inspiring to read next? Here are my favorites from the week, from three amazing women:
- Jane over at Nothing By The Book explained that when people in the grocery store tell you parenting gets easier, they are lying.
- Julie went in to Mega Parenting Mode this week.
- And Cyndi at Pictimilitude has found what makes her heart sing after a year long journey.
I’m honored to have been nominated in the Top 25 Homeschooling Moms contest. You can cast your vote at Circle of Moms!