I don’t want to do a weekly recap. Instead, I’m making a simple list of all that I’m thankful for this Sunday evening, as the super moon rises in the sky, my little women settle in for the night and I look toward the week ahead.
- A recovering child. Nothing puts me on edge quite like an unexplained illness.
- A beautiful performance after a difficult morning.
- A birthday celebration.
- And the fact that it’s not my birthday again.
- Summer water fun.
- Extended family.
- Words of encouragement from a stranger.
- Smiles on the little kids I love the most.
- 90 degree weather.
- A cool breeze.
- Banana walnut waffles. Really amazing!
Finally, I’ve been thinking about how thankful I am for the ability and freedom to homeschool my daughters. It’s something I take for granted often, complain about occasionally, but wouldn’t change.
Any sacrifices made are worth it.
A few highlights from this week:
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”