I’ve been overwhelmed lately. I’ve been working hard. It’s all good – new work opportunities, great activities for the kids and planning a trip that has been on my mind for a while. These are all things that I committed to doing happily, but it’s still a lot to handle.
Being thankful for the little things always helps me gain perspective.
10 Things I’m Thankful for this Week
- I’m thankful for being overwhelmed, because the opposite of that would be boring. Boredom is downright painful.
- It’s 10 am and I know what we are having for dinner.
- And Dave is cooking it.
- A new curriculum that I love. Although I talk often about my love of unschooling, I am not a true unschooler. I like to use curriculum as a jumping off point, as a way to find interests that we wouldn’t have discovered otherwise. I don’t stick to it religiously. I don’t worry about checking off things on the calendar. It’s daunting to sort through, but I’m thankful to have found something that will work well for us as a family.
- My readers. This blog has been going through some changes lately. Have you noticed? Thanks for sticking around. 😉
- I’m leaving a good week behind. I have good week planned out ahead.
- I’m thankful for my blogging friends, like Cyndi. She shares her beautiful and diverse art and her lovely, open heart at Pictimilitude.
- Then there is Melanie. She is giving her all to help and inspire people to live healthier, happier lives at Good Health Buzz.
- And Clark is helping us all understand ourselves and how we relate to the world over at the Wakefield Doctrine. Do you know if you are a Clark, Scott or Roger?
- I was so sad to hear this morning that actor / singer Cory Montieth died suddenly yesterday, at the age of 31. We are huge Glee fans here and he was always our favorite. I’m thankful that he was able to share his talents with the world. He will be missed.
Here is one of my favorite performances. His character Finn is singing to his new step-brother with total love and acceptance.
This post is a part of the Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hop. View more entries here.