Every time you turn around, your child is absorbed. On the iPod, on the computer or on their gaming console, they’re deeply involved with Minecraft.
They talk about it daily. “Look Mom, that building looks just like the one I built in Minecraft,” remarked my daughter as we were doing errands around town. She dreams about it too.
Sometimes I worry it’s taking over our life. Instead of fighting it, I’m giving in. For the next 10 days, Minecraft will be taking over Adorable Chaos!
Whether you homeschool or not, this series can help you expand your child’s learning in a variety of topics while playing a game they love. I’ll share what we’ve been doing here, as well as some terrific ideas inspired by other players (and teachers!) around the world.
Here’s the line up for the 10 Days of Learning with Minecraft:
- Day 1: A Mom’s Guide to Minecraft Learning
- Day 2: Minecraft History Project – Ideas and Lesson Plan
- Day 3: 8 Reading and Writing Activities for Kids who Love Minecraft
- Day 4: Resources for Teaching Math with Minecraft
- Day 5: Learning Shakespeare with Minecraft?
- Day 6: Exploring Science with Minecraft
- Day 7: Exploring Art with Minecraft
- Day 8: The Wonders of the World – A Minecraft Study
- Day 9: Building with Redstone -Minecraft Engineering
- Day 10: Communication Skills and Team Work
Are there any specific topics you would like to see included in the series? Let me know in the comments section. Please subscribe below to receive weekly updates via email!
This post is a part of the iHomeschool October Hopscotch. Browse more great posts on a variety of topics (click on the image below):