Are you beginning to plan your next homeschool year? We follow an eclectic style in our homeschool, so I don’t plan everything to the hour, but I still always have a plan and goals for each year. As a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew, I received the print version of the new Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner 2016-2017 from The Old Schoolhouse and I’m all set to get my plan together.
I don’t think homeschool planners are typically a one size fits all type of product, because every homeschool mama has a different way of doing things. We each have our own style, needs and preferences in a planner. The new planner is 192 pages, spiral bound and filled with a variety of calendars and planning options. It gives you lots of choices and flexibility in how you lay out your daily plan, as well as resources to help you through your homeschooling days. The weekly pages are undated, with open subject boxes, giving you the ability to customize it to your needs.
Here’s a look at some of the pages included:
Here are 7 things I love about the Hey Mama! Schoolhouse Planner:
- It includes goal setting pages, by month, semester, and year. You can focus on educational, spiritual, physical, and financial goals.
- Attendance charts are available for each student. Although my state doesn’t require me to report attendance for my kids, I do like to keep track of our days.
- Do you have a high school student? Guidance on grading, awarding credit and general documentation tips are included. A transcript page will help you keep track of your student’s progress.
- Create a custom and complete plan for each of your students for the upcoming school year with the curriculum planning sheets.
- I love to be able to look back at the end of the year and see all of the books my kids have read along the way. The planner has book log pages for each of your students. If you have a high school student, this is essential! Many colleges will request a list of books read along with their application.
- We all struggle sometimes. The Hey Mama letters of encouragement (written by Gena Suarez, homeschool mama and publisher of the Old Schoolhouse Magazine) are sprinkled throughout the planner, bringing you humor and encouragement when you need it.
- Writing prompts, story starters and other resources are conveniently located in the back of the planner for easy access when you are teaching.
Here’s a Hey Mama excerpt:
“They see you fall and get back up. They see you blow it but stick around. They see you super mad but then cool as a cucumber. They watch you stumble but observe that you’re able to laugh at yourself. Stability- that’s you, Mama.”
The Old Schoolhouse is offering my readers a special discount for a limited time. US readers can enter CREWCODE at checkout, which will let you grab the planner for $19, including shipping. If a digital version is more your style, the same planner is available for free with your membership through SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
To keep up with the latest homeschool products, magazine issues and homeschooling news from The Old Schoolhouse, follow them on social media: